Wednesday, June 11, 2008

An Update! /

Just a businessy one this time, I'm afraid...

For anyone in or around Toronto:

The Luminato Sound Plays (at the Young Centre for the Performing Arts in the Distillery District)
Newly commissioned original scripts on the themes of journeys from some of Toronto's most exciting young playwrights (playwrights Kate Hewlett, Daniel Karasik and Brendan Gall) to be directed by emerging directors (Michael Murphy, Brendan Healey and Ravi Jain) and to be read by actors as radio plays and performed in three formats -with live sound design with a live foley artist (Brooke Graeff ) and with live musical accompaniment by Adam Sherkin on piano.

Go to luminato.com for details.

If you can make it, I'd love to see you there! Two of my talented friends (Shira Leuchter and Scott Clarkson) are in the cast.

Thanks,

K.

8 Comments:

Blogger Independent Film News said...

You know that if I could make it, i'd be there!!

See you in London!

12:58 AM  
Blogger Addie said...

I looked about on the Luminato site, but I couldn't find a time for the show more specific than 'this weekend' do you know exactly when it is? I have a busy weekend, so normally I'd just resign myself to missing it, but it is work from both you and Brendan Gall in one place, so I must go. How talented is he? Dakota was so good, and I saw A Quiet Place twice (Chris Stanton and James Cade; also totally rock. You have some super cool friends).
Actually it's all your fault that I'm so hooked on theatre that my bank account is empty - I went to see you in Don't Wake Me and decided to stick around for a Quiet Place (just to see how Chris Stanton did two plays in one day - I knew he was good because of Buffalo Jump, also seen on your say so - but I had no idea how good) and it blew me away, so then I had to see everything else Brendan Gall did, as well as James Cade and Chris Stanton (saw you at Minotaur I think; at the Dakota screening too - you're everywhere!).
Anyway, I have a million and 2 things to do this weekend (moving, work, a Young People... screening, taking my cat to the vet) but I will do my best to fit it in if you have a less general time/day. Looking forward to seeing something you wrote; your collective pieces with unspun have all (both?) really impressed me, and I love your acting (but who doesn't?)

2:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sigh, wish I could see it!

9:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great news! Best wishes for it.

10:11 AM  
Blogger Emma said...

Would if I could but alas Toronto is still out of my financial reach, which currently only reaches as far as my local high street, at present....as always I wish you the best of luck and enjoy yourself.

10:55 AM  
Blogger Brian Schwartz said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

7:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dear kate
best work you ever did. For i'm here in good old germany. we are waitin for you next in europe. hope we'll meet you soon,
ceddi

8:37 PM  
Blogger Brian Schwartz said...

Once again, would love to make it were it not for the distance. Best of luck!

Brian

11:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home