Saturday, January 26, 2008


Day One of Shooting /

Well...we started shooting The Last New Year this morning and I was thrilled to discover that the wireless internet at the loft was hooked up! So I'm blogging. Bloggy blog blog. Maybe I'll even try and write DAILY for a change.

Mayko Nguyen has joined the cast! She is a stunning, funny, wonderful actress who also worked on 11 Cameras (the series that I did in 2006) but we never had any scenes together, so I'm excited to actually act with her this time around. To add to my last post, the remaining cast members (the Neocitran finally wore off and I asked their names) are: Casey Austin, Aaron Webber and James Murray. All fantastic. We rehearsed all day Thursday and laughed our asses off. (Sorry for swearing just then. I meant that we laughed our...um...donkeys off.)

Phil (my ex-roommate and long-time friend, who also acted in Humans Anonymous, both in New York and in Toronto) is shooting a scene upstairs so I am trying to type quietly! It's amazing how difficult that is! Mike (also a long-time friend and also in the movie playing my husband) is taking a picture of me RIGHT NOW to add to this post. He is using his new MacBook Pro. Bastard. I was supposed to get one first. Oh well. My little old iBook G4 will have to do for now.

More updates later!

K.

8 Comments:

Blogger Stace said...

I've been holding out on getting a new laptop because of the MacBook Air - but, since that is shite (much like the iPhone), I forsee a trip to the Apple store to get a MacBook Pro. And maybe a new iPod. Um.

Do we get any clues as to the plot of The Last New Year?

2:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wireless internet sounds great and daily blogging sounds even better :D

And the picture is lovely! ♥ Actually all of them are :D

2:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great update! Love the shots and stuff and look forward to daily updates. Er, is that pouring on the guilt too much? ;)

Thx.

Elyse

2:39 PM  
Blogger M.K. Lutz said...

Kate, will you be at GateCon 2008 in Vancouver?

7:58 PM  
Blogger Becky L said...

The best of luck to all of you! Thanks for sharing the pics and for taking the time to write to us. Hope everyone has a great week and have lots o fun!!

12:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice to see you back online, Nice computer too..
Good luck
Have Fun...
And maybe see you at T-Con this summer..
Warm fuzzies
Dianne

1:47 PM  
Blogger Ahura said...

Nice picture Kate. Good luck with the filming!

9:09 PM  
Blogger Fran said...

Cool laptop I am sooooo jealous. I have a laptop too.....a Thinkpad 600.....but it needs a new battery and trying to find one of these goofy wee batteries is proving rather difficult. The battery is a round one with these two wires attached? Some day will own a kick ass laptop.....ooops sorry for the swear.

Have fun

Hugs

Fran

10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home