Thursday, September 21, 2006

Procrastination and Productivity: A Match Made in Heaven/

Okay. So...approximately 100 people responded to my last post and said that they would be willing to answer some tough questions in order to help me out with Use My Babies Well, the play I am currently writing (or on some days, the play I am avoiding writing!)

I can't tell you how grateful I am for your willingness to help out. I am interested in hearing from people of all ages, genders, backgrounds, nationalities and occupations, so please don't feel like your input won't be useful. It will!

I have listed the questions below. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ONLY ANSWER THE QUESTIONS YOU WANT TO ANSWER. NEVER FEEL LIKE YOU HAVE TO ANSWER SOMETHING THAT MAKES YOU UNCOMFORTABLE. Also, if you can't figure out how to say something in English, feel free to write that part of your answer in your first language (and say what that language is!) and I will translate it.

PLEASE EMAIL ME YOUR ANSWERS -- DO NOT POST THEM ON THE COMMENTS PAGE, so that this information is not available for everyone to read. I've come up with an ingenious system (well...ingenious for someone who's only had one coffee today) to avoid overloading my email accounts. Here it is:

If your last name begins with a letter between A and L, please send your answers to: katehewlett2@yahoo.ca

If your last name begins with a letter between M and Z, please send your answers to:
kate_and_basha@hotmail.com

**PLEASE DO NOT INCLUDE PHOTOS OR ATTACHMENTS AND PLEASE TRY TO BE CONCISE (2-3 SENTENCES WHERE POSSIBLE) AS I AM ANTICIPATING A LOT OF RESPONSES!**

Here are the questions, and again...please do not answer anything you don't want to answer. Some of them are very personal, and who the heck am I?! (Some girl who was on Stargate once!) This information is for me and me alone -- it will inform my play, but it will not end up in my play. It will also not be shown to other people. Please include the question numbers or the questions themselves in your response. Here goes...

1) What is your age?

2) What is your gender?

3) What country/city do you live in?

4) Have you ever read or seen Shakespeare’s Richard III, Macbeth or Titus?

5) If so, was there anything you could relate to in these plays, or did they seem very removed from your life?

6) Has anyone ever taken revenge on you (even in a small way) for something you did to them, or for something they thought you did to them? Have you ever taken revenge on someone for something?

7) Approximately how many physical fights have you had in your life? If so, how and why did ONE of these fights begin?

8) Do you ever fear for your life when you are out alone in your town/city? Why or why not?

9) What is one situation in which someone has treated you badly in order to move up in the world?

10) What is your definition of a “sexual assault”?

11) What is one act of physical or emotional violence that you have encountered in your life and how has it affected your life? (Please feel free to skip this question if it is too personal for you to answer.)

12) What is one story in the news that had a significant impact on your life, and why do you think it affected you so much?

13) Have you ever experienced war first-hand?

14) Have you ever seen a movie that you felt was too violent? If so, which one?

15) Name one violent movie that you love.

16) If you could start your life over again, would you choose to be a man or a woman?


If you are 24 or younger, please answer the following questions. If you are 25 or older, please answer questions 25-33 instead.

17) If you have brothers or sisters, do you get along with them?

18) Is there any jealousy in your family? If so, who is jealous of whom, and how does it present itself?

19) Do you consider yourself to be a person who has a lot of friends?

20) Are most of your friends from school, the internet, or other?

21) Do you have any friends online who you have never met?

22) Do you/have you ever felt afraid to speak up in class? If so, what made you afraid?

23) Do you think that parents should be allowed to spank their children as a form of punishment?

24) Name five of your favorite movies!



If you are 25 or older, please answer the following questions:

25) Do you have children? If so, are you concerned for your children’s safety in the town/city you live in?

26) If you do NOT have children, would you like to have children? Is there anything in particular in the world today that makes you hesitant to have children?

27) Were you ever bullied as a child or as a teenager?

28) Did you ever bully anyone (even verbally) as a child or as a teenager?

29) What is or what was the biggest difference between your belief system and that of your parents?

30) In a relationship, what is one thing that you absolutely would not stand for?

31) Have you ever been attacked by a stranger?

32) Have you ever been attacked by someone you know?

33) Did your parents use any kind of physical punishment against you as a child or was it only verbal?

THANK YOU SO MUCH, EVERYBODY. THIS INFORMATION IS GOING TO HELP ME A LOT WITH THE PROJECT.

I'll put up a fun post soon, I promise...

K.

19 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

*first comment dance* weeeee:)
I'll start answering your questions right now...who needs to know chemistry anyhow:))

2:43 PM  
Blogger Addie said...

I love the email idea. You're still gonna have a tonne of responces, but you'll have better control over them this way. Proves you truly are more than a pretty face (though any of us who saw when "some girl who was on Stargate once!" acted already knew that) ;)

3:16 PM  
Blogger Flo said...

i'll answer them right away...
good luck for the reading of all the answers, it'll be hard work!
i keep my fingers crossed for your courage to write the play...
have fun! ;-)
can't wait to read you funny post!

3:22 PM  
Blogger Annie said...

Well I've had a go at the questions though I'm sure my answers were crap. :)

3:30 PM  
Blogger Meg said...

Hi Kate!

I'll be sending my responses off once I get into the city.

My audition is actually tonight, so i'm terrified, but excited, and just thank you, that's all I can say right now. Thank you!

Well, i'm off.

4:36 PM  
Blogger salivia_baker said...

you got my mail :)
hopefully you don't get depressed by it *lol*
and..seiusoly FIVE movies? only FIVE??? that is actually the hardest question! ;)
I mean 10 oder 20 but 5? it's like asking about the fave actors... pff.. not possible! :P

btw. for me it's not "some girl who wa son stragte onse" (haven't even seen you init yet^^) it's about be able to help some nice person with her project :]

hey, can we do that again? it was fun^^ I like doing such things

5:45 PM  
Blogger Spacegirlnz said...

Email is on its way. I hope it helps. I tried to be concise :D

And I agree, you don't have to be funny all the time :)

5:55 PM  
Blogger Red Phoniex said...

sent you an email with my answers. Hope they help.

We don't just read your blog cos you were on Stargate (started out like that) but you seem a really nice and funny person. There should be more people like you around. I wouldn't get shouted at so often.

I know what it's like to have to ask people when collecting research(two years at college and uni, evil) so i'm more than willing to help some in need. Agree on the movie question "5"! i got a bit stuck on the last one then about 20 suddenly popped in my head.

Red

P.S. you don't have to be funny all the time. Makes you a more rounded person

6:52 PM  
Blogger Misty aka s_aurius said...

Well, I have answered the questions and emailed them off. I hope that they help.
Good luck with the rest of your research.

7:59 PM  
Blogger Andrea said...

I have sent you my anweres. It took me a while to answer the "war" questions....I was debating on how to answer those.

If you want more information with those questions email me back. I sent them from: dreaforte AT yahoo DOT com

12:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Answered and sent ;)

4:01 AM  
Blogger Chez said...

Hi there,
Sent off the survey answer just now.

Totally agree with everyone that just be who you want to be, funny, serious, kooky or a bit of both... If you're serious and someone doens't like it then it's thier problem.

I think I did start reading your blog cause you were on SGA and you were David's sister, but I truely do find you fascinating. I find I check out your blog first before even going to dgeek nowadays.

Good luck with the responses Kate.
Cheers
Chez

6:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll answer your questions as soon as I've time (which means after lunch, because my mom is already waiting for me ^^)

By the way: I don't think everyone just helps you, because you were on Stargate or you're David's sister, but because you're a nice and friendly person and I'm glad that I can help you...

7:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with Sue, you seem a really great and cool person, and I'm really glad to help you:)

8:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just send my answers hope they help you in some way.

And btw you don't have to be funny all the time I tried it once and all it gave me was wrinkels and some weird funny looks.

10:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Kate....

I'm trying to round up the males I know to come and answer your questions. I'm fascinated by the age boundary. Any reason you set it at twentyfive?

TJ

6:02 PM  
Blogger icclenomi said...

I have just sent off my answers. I'm perfectly comfortable talking about the sleasy boy who tried to.. you know, because I got the better of him. I hope my answers are of use.

6:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.miaminewtimes.com/Issues/1997-06-05/news/feature_print.html

This is horrifying and beautiful in every way. Perhaps you can use it. Good luck.

1:44 AM  
Blogger nikola said...

Hello Kate,

it's a bit late for answering those questions, but I came across this blog not until today. I hope you can use it anyway.

12:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home