Monday, November 16, 2009


The Post With The Most* /

*Some conditions apply.  May in fact be a mediocre post.  Author may be using "most" as an abbreviation for "almost", which doesn't make grammatical sense, but which seems like a good excuse because the author didn't get enough sleep last night and is really super tired.  Warning: may cause choking.  Offer not available in Canada.

I'm blogging tonight because I'm a woman of my word:  I said that I'd update on Sundays and will you look at that?  It's Sunday again.

In some countries.

Like...in...Australia.

And in...Sp...eng...aly.  Spengaly, yeah.  It's definitely Sunday there.  And so humid!

Ahem.

So...

This week was definitely an improvement on last week, and not just because I knew better than to watch "V" this time around.  (Sorry to any "V" fans out there, but WOW.  Wow.  No.)  I had my last Italian class of the term, so I now feel confident that if I went to Italy, I could converse with a really slow six-year-old about numbers, colours and days of the week.  So that's helpful.

I drank cheap champagne with my lady-friends on Thursday night, then attended a masquerade ball with them on Saturday night, where I consumed far too many Molson Canadians, at seven dollars a bottle.  I also had my first on-camera audition in months, which involved too much makeup and some awkward flirting.  (As the character, of course.)  We had yet ANOTHER goddamn mother-freakin' open house on Saturday, with the goal of selling a home that someone else owns that we don't want to leave.  So that was interesting.  I had to whisk the cats away on an adventure in order to free up the house for the real estate agents and potential buyers. (An actual adventure, I mean.  That wasn't a euphemism for the vet's office or that big litterbox in the sky.)
My macbook air just beeped at me in a long, sad, meek little way.  It's never made that sound before.  Hmmm...
I found out yesterday that Flashpoint won a whole truckload of Geminis on Saturday night (yaaaaaay!) and that Erin Karpluk (who is possibly the coolest lady on the planet...not that I've met her, but she seems like she would be) won a Best Actress award for Being Erica.  I love that show and think that she is phenomenally talented.
What else...
Oh!  I also went to opening night of (I'm going to get this titel wrong.  And apparently misspell "title" in the process.  Here goes nothin'...)  My Mother's Jewish Lesbian Wiccan Wedding.  (Was that right?  I'll look it up and make sure.)  It was wonderful!  If you are in or near Toronto, you should see it.  It is thoroughly charming, as well as funny, heartwarming and unexpectedly moving.  The staging is very simple, so don't expect a chandelier to fall on your head, a Chevy to drive across the stage, or buckets of beer to be dumped on the audience.  (That last one's never actually happened, but a girl can dream.)  It basically feels like a group of friends telling a story that's personal to them in a creative and engaging way.

I'm going to stop pretending to be a reviewer now.  I liked Twilight, for goodness' sake.  What do I know?

One last thing about the show, though:  LISA HORNER.  She's the lead in the show; she carries it; she's beautiful; she's open; she sings like an angel (a cool one with great hair) and she is wonderful to watch.

That's my schpiel.

I'm going to bed now.  It's time.  It's really really time.

k.
p.s.  Yes, I did in fact get the titel/title wrong.  It's My Mother's Lesbian Jewish Wiccan Wedding.  Because the lesbian part happens first.  That's how I'm going to remember it.  It will also help that the poster is on my blog.  And the title is conveniently written on the poster.  They thought of everything.






16 Comments:

Blogger Brian Schwartz said...

Always nice to hear what's new, thanks! Keep having fun!

11:30 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

hey, thanks for letting me know about flashpoint winning a bunch of awards! i'm the in the states and don't get the geminis, which is unfortunate because it seems everything i like is canandian!

12:24 AM  
Blogger ~ Cheryl ~ said...

Hey, I liked Twilight, too. No shame. Well, I loved the books. The movie grew on me out of association and a kick-ass soundtrack...and an appropriately cute Jacob. Anyway, I know what you're going through with the "selling of a home that someone else owns that we don't want to leave". It's a major inconvenience that feels like being kicked by the kid you thought was your friend who's standing next to the kid who's laughing at you for falling on your ass on the wet sidewalk. Or something like that. Anyway, chin up... you might find that the next home you end up in is far better than the current one. I did. :)

2:23 AM  
Blogger Sigrid said...

Sorry if I'm bursting any bubbles that may have formed... But... Well Australia's actually a day ahead of Canada, so it's closer to Wednesday than Sunday here... :P
Not to say that I'm not happy for the new post, whenever it's posted. :)
Hope your audition is fruitful! :)

2:51 AM  
Blogger Jay said...

So, I was wondering about the adventure. With the cats, I mean. Was it sort of an Indiana Jones in the local park kinda thing or something in space? Because cats in space. That's a fine way to spend an afternoon.

8:38 AM  
Blogger J. Thomas said...

The next play I do, I will dump a bucket of beer on the audience just for you!

Mind you, it's Baltimore City community theater where the average audience age is somewhere around 70, so I'm not sure how well that'll go over...

8:07 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yeah, you pretty much saved my day. If I went to bed without a smile who knows what foul things I may have dreamed of?

11:57 PM  
Blogger Small Infinities said...

That sucks about the house. Do you think they'd notice if you were there making comments about how it is haunted, and how angry squirrels live in the attic?

4:34 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

WHAT OFFER NOT AVAILABLE IN CANADA!! The NERVE of the author.. LOL Just KIDDING!! your awesome Kate!

If you and your roomie don't want to leave have you thought about buying the house?? Maybe I should buy it...

3:36 PM  
Blogger Emma said...

Your posts continue to make me chuckle

7:32 PM  
Anonymous ames said...

I would eat a bug if it meant I could see that play. It sounds fantastic.

11:21 PM  
Anonymous dj-corny said...

"This week was definitely an improvement on last week, and not just because I knew better than to watch "V" this time around."

Believe me: you will know the worst week when you find yourself watching Asylum's "War of the Worlds 2".

Well.. uhm... I did ^^

10:40 AM  
Anonymous Flashpoint Download said...

Your blog is very nice. I want to give you suggestion that. you should post article about tv shows as well. Because this time everyone like tv show. So if you post about it then you blog will be more famous. And my suggestion is that you should start from Flashpoint tv show because it is my favorite tv show. And also suggest site to watch Flashpoint online also.

2:05 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I'm always embarrassed to say I liked Twilight.

9:26 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love to Watch TV Shows Online. If you wanna watch then click the link.

10:18 AM  
Blogger Gehan said...

I'm always embarrassed to say I liked Twilight.

Cheers
translation

10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home