Sunday, October 11, 2009


Happy Thanksgiving! /

Well, it's Sunday. And I'm blogging. Just like I promised. But I've been writing a feature film treatment for the last four hours and my eyes are bleeding from staring at a computer screen for so long, so this will be BRIEF.

I'm off to the Hewletts for a turkey dinner (bringing my own tofurky slices and mushroom gravy, obviously...) and then to a friend's house for the tail-end of their Thanksgiving dinner. I feel like I should be writing tonight, but Thanksgiving is about loved ones, right? And mashed potatoes.

Here are some things that I am grateful for: my friends, my cats, my family (not in that order), The Wire, sunshine in the morning, rain anytime, the fact that I get to do what I love for a living (even though I forget that sometimes), my health, my hips (that's a lie, but if I say it enough I might start to believe it), chocolate soy milk, my apartment, my roommate, the fact that I saw a mouse in my bedroom the other day but haven't seen another one since, good movies, bad movies that make me believe I could write a movie, my freedom and my friends. (My friends are worth mentioning twice.)

Happy Thanksgiving, everybody! And skip the turkey!

k.

11 Comments:

Blogger Emma said...

Happy Thanksgiving....nice little list there, even with the self fulfilling prophecy included...in which case I'm thankful for my Muffin tops and the invention of chocolate, without which the pre-mentioned wouldn't be possible ;-)...also thankful for words because 'discombobulated' is nice to say

4:12 PM  
Blogger Emma Burns said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

I decided to celebrate Canadian Thanksgiving as well as USian since Maine is practically Canada anyway, right? By the way I was just thinking about heading out to get turkey, but waffling about having it vs. not having it, and your post tipped me over into the "not" category.

And thanks for your fantastic episodes of Stargate Atlantis, by the way! You're so great in that show!

5:30 PM  
Blogger Brian Schwartz said...

Enjoy the wonderful time spent with family and friends. Looking forward to hearing about this feature film treatment!

5:53 PM  
Blogger Misty aka s_aurius said...

Happy Thanksgiving.
I hope that you had a wonderful day of family, friends and food. :)

7:08 PM  
Blogger Fran said...

Hey Kate
I had my Thanksgiving Dinner yesterday and boy do we have leftovers. Had some tonight. Yummmmm.

Happy Thanksgiving Kate

9:07 PM  
Anonymous Spencer said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Nothing quite like mashed potatoes. Hope you had fun with the fam-damily!

5:09 AM  
Blogger Adm.Polli said...

Although we don't have one in Germany:
Happy Thanksgiving! :o)

But...TOFURKY? Thats weird!
It really sounds beyond good and evil.

Stefan

1:59 PM  
Anonymous Silvius said...

Here in Portugal we dont have thanksgiving day! But still i understand the actual meaning of it for all you guys! So i wish that all of you had a great thanksgiving day!

5:54 PM  
Anonymous Judy said...

What is that in the picture? Is it edible or do you play some sort of sport with it?

2:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i stared at your post for about a minuet thinking "its not November", before i realized that your talking about Canada thanksgiving.

5:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So the SG:Atlantis Tofurkey was truly Hewlett inspired Tofurkey? Haha, too funny. Currently watching your bro being all telepathic/super advanced on my laptop.

:)

11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home