Why I've Been Away So Long:
A Photographic Journal by Loser McToomuchtimeonherhands/
(If I had been blessed with technological prowess, I would have put each photograph above each entry. Alas, I was blessed only with child-bearing hips and the ability to whip up a damn fine peanut sauce.)
- I've been suffering from some sort of nasty flu which starts with a three-day fever, turns into a frustrating and ever-deepening chest cough, and culminates with relentless cravings for ketchup-flavoured rice cakes. I'm better now -- puffy from all the carbohydrates and tatooed from red dye #3 -- but better.
- I've been working all day every day on the rough draft of my new play and...I did it! It's finished! It's ROUGH ROUGH ROUGH and I kind of sort of hate it a little bit in places, but it has a beginning, a middle and an end. Five very talented people workshopped it for me on Sunday and now I don't want to even look at the thing for at least two months. (Hey, I just rediscovered the "make things huge" button. Nice.)
- I've been researching cat gymnastics.
- I am moving on Sunday and I've been packing. I am not a good packer. I am, in fact, the world's third-worst packer. The world's worst packer is my friend Chris H., who thinks that anything larger than a pencil doesn't need to go in a box. The #2 spot goes to my friend Cole, who tries to move dressers with the clothes still in them, and bookcases with the books still in them. (I once moved a microwave with some thai noodles still in it, though, so who am I to judge?)
- I've been writing music like a mad woman (like...a lot, not like...with my guitar in one hand and a dead bunny in the other.)
- I've been having a love affair with my new spectacles. They turn into sunglasses when it's bright outside -- the greatest invention of the 21st Century, in my humble opinion, closely followed by the Rufaroller. (Rufus+stroller=Rufaroller.)
- No comment. And I totally have NOT gained five pounds.
I'm going to see A. in The Graduate on Friday -- exciting! (I'm going to close my eyes during the naked parts, though. I'm not mature enough to deal with that.)
Hope everyone reading this is well and happy and not addicted to cupcakes,